Why Social Media is integral to your Marketing Strategy
Social Media Marketing has exploded over the past few years. These days, it isn’t enough just to have a website for your business. If social media isn’t a part of your current marketing strategy, you’re missing out – big time.
Don’t believe us? Here’s 6 reasons why social media should be top of your to do list:
- Increased Brand Recognition. Every opportunity you have to showcase your business and increase the visibility of your brand is invaluable. Social media is a fantastic platform for your brand’s voice and content. By being visible on platforms like Facebook and Twitter you build up a relationship with your audience and create warm leads which lead to increased sales!
- Improved brand loyalty. According to a report published by Texas Tech University, brands who engage on social media platforms benefit from increased levels of loyalty from their customers. “Companies should take advantage of the tools social media gives them when it comes to connecting with their audience. A strategic and open social media plan could prove influential in morphing consumers into being brand loyal.”
- Your competition is doing it. You need to be involved in social media purely for the fact that you need to keep up with the competition within your sector. Any business in any niche should have a social media presence, don’t give your competitors an extra edge!
- Improved Search Engine Rankings. SEO is imperative to increasing your Google ranking and pushing your website high up within Google’s search results. Gone are the days when it was enough to simply post regular updates to your blog to garner decent SEO. Social media is a significantly boosts your sites visibility because platforms like Pinterest and Facebook have an incredibly high domain authority, and as such, being active on social media serves as a “brand signal” to search engines that your business is legitimate, credible, and trustworthy. When you want to rank for a certain keyword(s), having a strong social media presence is considered a must!
- Precise and detailed consumer targeting. One of the best tools social media boasts is it’s ability to target ads to an extremely specific market. Take Facebook for example, it’s possible to target people with very definitive interests, such as a certain brands or leisure activities. So if you owned a sports clothing brand, you could target people that were fans of Nike and Adidas as those customers are likely to have an interest in your product! With Facebook ad targeting you can even choose to direct your brand’s adverts to people who have an upcoming birthday, have just been on holiday or who are about to get married. This insight into the lives and habits of your potential customers is invaluable and simply not available on any other marketing channel.
- Increased Inbound Traffic. Remove social media from the equation and most likely your inbound traffic is limited to people already familiar with your brand and people organically searching for keywords you rank for. Every social media platform you participate with is another funnel leading back to your website. Each piece of content you post on those platforms is another opportunity for a new visit to your site, and potentially a sale. “Killer content” is key, as the better quality the content your post across your platforms, the more inbound traffic you’ll generate, and more chance of increased profits!
According to industry experts Social Media Examiner, 92% of marketers are currently participating in social media—but 85% of participants aren’t sure what social media tools are the best or how to use them effectively.
That’s where we come in! We can handle everything from creating killer content, to targeting effective ad campaigns. However if you’d prefer to handle your own social media strategy but aren’t sure where to start, we can arrange a one-to-one training session. You’ll soon know your Tweets from your Pins and your Instagram from your Facebook! Send us a quick message and we’ll see what we can do for you!